Saturday, February 3, 2018

RSC Scrappy Saturday

Purple Passion

I was thrilled to learn the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for February is purple or lavender.  Having gone through several purple phases in my quilting past, I am blessed with lots of purple scraps.

My dilemma with my block choice this year -- Goose on the Loose -- is that a 5-1/4" scrap is required for the geese so I find myself cutting into some fat quarters to get that size.  But, hey, a scrap is a scrap.

Loosey Goosey
Last month I cut all my background squares for the rest of the RSC 2018 so I only had to find 9 purple squares.  Three days into the month and I have half a column of purple/lavender geese.



Linking up with Angela for Scrap Happy Saturday.

13 comments:

  1. Those are always my favorite, Libby! It's nice that you have a good variety of fabric choices to make them out of. I have to cut into fat quarters for my blocks, too - especially for purples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely design for geese blocks. It's on my to-do list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have very little purple as it’s one of my least favorite colors. I really do like your design for the scrap challenge this year. It is going to make such a cool quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your geese look great. Well worth a cutting up a fat quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big believer in making new scraps for my RSC projects! I'm intrigued with the Goose is Loose pattern - I've enjoyed seeing your results so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those purple scraps look like they were made just to be these flying geese! A fat quarter is a scrap of fabric in my book, a big scrap, but a scrap nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pre-cut background fabrics was a perfect idea!! Looking forward to seeing what else you are planning for your PURPLE scraps. Whatever it is, I'm sure you will have plenty of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm right there with ya with the purple! I've been happily pulling out my plums, though I haven't started sewing them yet.
    Love those geese so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Libby for starting a mystery quilt along! I for one will be checking in to see what you are up to. What sort of skill level will be required?
    Meanwhile, aren't these purple geese pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.