Thursday, February 22, 2018

Attention Quilting Sleuths ...

Get ready for an intriguing adventure!

On five Saturdays in March I will lead you through a series of clues to create my Magical Mystery Block.  The mystery is how two different blocks can be made from the same pieces.  And the magic is in the multitude of setting options.

Related image

Each clue will take no more than 30 minutes to complete, some as few as 10 minutes.  To follow along, the minimum you will need is two fat quarters, one light and one dark, enough to make four 8" blocks.

Of course, you can make more than four blocks! I will give you more specific fabric requirements for multiple sizes in the Introduction.  Be sure to check back here on Saturday February 24 for complete details and cutting instructions.

These blocks are great for group quilts.  Tell your friends about the mystery and get them to work  along with you using similar fabrics.  All I ask is that you not provide them copies of the instructions, but rather direct them to this site to participate.

I look forward to seeing your results in the upcoming weeks.  CAUTION:  This block has been known to be habit-forming!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I think I can do this Mystery Quilt because the construction doesn't take too much time! I can't wait to see the reveal! Yay! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be following along in spirit. March is a heavy business travel month, so I won't be stitching as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm bouncing up and down in my chair, now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've neglected reading your blog -- glad I tuned in to catch up! I plan to follow your mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.