Saturday, February 22, 2014

Nuts and Bolts Retreat and Stash Update

First, the stash update.  I'm out of the hole, over the edge!!

Dusk to Dawn
In this Week:           7.25 yards
In year to Date:     49.75 yards
Out this Week:      10.5 yards
Out Year to Date:  52.5 yards
Net Used 2014:       2.75 yards

How did I accomplish that?  I finished Dusk to Dawn flimsy and made the back for a total of 4.25 yards.

I finished assembling Starstruck, added borders, and made the binding for another 4.25 yards.  I'll admit that I added 3 yards for the borders after I decided to make this a gift for a special person.

Starstruck




Comfort Quilt
In addition, I donated 2 yards for a quick comfort quilt.


A couple of my other planned projects didn't get out of the box -- or, at least, didn't stay out of the box.  But I did finish the center of Celtic Solstice.  I was short blue fabric for four BG blocks so I not only put them in the four corners, I turned the chevrons to make them stand out.  Now to the borders .....

Celtic Solstice.





We had a lovely group of 18 ladies for some or all of the week.  Two in the group were nuts for dolls. Their tiny charges kept a close watch on the proceedings.


Stick around for a quilt show.  (Sorry I haven't learned how to insert a slide show, but it's on my to-learn list.)


Ari's Indian Summer
Connie's Stacked Deck
Diana's Smores CW Exchange

Donna's Trees

Frances' Chevrons
Frances' Smores Black/White Exchange
Kristen's Spinning Rails

Lisa's Cowboy
Lucille's Applique
Lucille's Carolina Lily
Marsha's Cracked Pots
Maureen's Birds in the Air


Nancy's Blended Nines

Maureen's Hunters Star

Now you can understand why I'm always inspired with this group!

Winter is coming back next week, so keep warm and quilt on.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.





11 comments:

  1. Love your quilts! Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your Dusk to Dawn quilt. I really enjoyed seeing what everyone worked on during the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have received so many comments on DtoD that I plan to do a tutorial and offer it as a free pattern. So start looking for fat quarters in two colors--light and dark.

      Delete
  3. What a neat quilt show! I think the Celtic Solstice has started its siren song and is calling my name! You have been very productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still trying to decide what to do with the peaky and spike blocks in the border.

      Delete
  4. All of your quilts are gorgeous. Dusk to Dawn and your Celtic Solstice are my favorites though. Congrats on being in the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dusk to Dawn is beautiful - I love the lines of it. Great quilts from the other retreaters too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I'm planning to do a quilt-along, probably in May. I'll be sure to let you know about it. Tell your friends, too.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.