Saturday, July 21, 2018

An Interesting Friday Night

And a Scrap Happy Saturday

Our neighbor treated us to tickets to opening night of  Legally Blonde (the Musical) last night at Cumberland County Playhouse (and we treated her to a light supper at our house before the performance). 

Legally Blonde The Musical

As the lights came up at the end of Act 1, the stage manager announced that a possible tornado had been spotted in southern Cumberland County and that we were to evacuate to the basement!

When we got the all-clear to return to our seats, the rain was pelting down outside so hard we couldn't leave, even if we wanted to (which we didn't).  Fortunately, the rain stopped briefly around 11 when the play was over; however, the lightning show was spectacular.  The rain began again in earnest once we were home; in total Cumberland County got 4 inches.

BTW, the play was fantastic!  It somewhat followed the movie and had very energetic performances by the chorus line.

Needless to say, I slept in this morning and missed the sunrise.  After a quick trip to the grocery, I headed down to the sewing room with the intention of doing some more cleaning and organizing in anticipation of friends coming next week. 

First, I needed to get the RSC project box off the floor so I took that opportunity to finish up both June (teal/aqua) and July (red) Loosey Goosey columns.


Because I build the column by adding new geese onto the top, it's really easier to work on two at a time.  That way I can chain piece them.  I think these are my favorite columns so far.


June's teal has a lot of modern fabrics in it, and July's red has a bunch of moldie oldie fabrics.


After rearranging some furniture pieces, unloading a couple of boxes, and putting a few things away, I spent the remainder of the afternoon stitching over 120 HSTs for Garden Mosaic.


They still need to be pressed open, but when added to the 62 I stitched and pressed at Devo and Sew on Tuesday and the ones already in finished units, I now have more than the half of the 512 I need to make!

Garden Mosaic in progress
Check out other Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects at soscrappy.



6 comments:

  1. Love your loosey gooseys and those mosaic blocks - all the triangles all the time! (I enjoy the sewing of the hsts, but oh my, all that pressing is depressing...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RED all over this post!! In the RSC Loosey Goosey column, in the cut bits, and in the Garden Mosaic units. Nice work (and SEW glad the tornado didn't cause any more trouble than an evacuation to the theater basement!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wild storm that night, as there have been in many parts of the east recently! We could use some of that rain here in Colorado... Your Loosey Goosey strips are some of my favorites to see each month! I'm impressed with your Garden Mosaic blocks, too - lots of work involved in each one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how you are going to set your loosey goose blocks?

    You certainly had a unforgettable Friday night! Glad everyone was safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an unforgettable Friday evening. We were at an outdoor wedding and when warnings came, we headed home. I am just thankful that our part of the county wasn't hit that hard.
    Glad you enjoyed the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great show, even with the added excitement. Your Loosey Goosey columns are looking great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.