Sunday, July 15, 2018

New Studio

Coming together

Remember this pristine image of my new sewing room back in February?


And the fabric/cutting/quilting room?


I have been hesitant to show pictures of the studio lately as it has been piled high with boxes and cluttered with PIPs (project in progress).  Well, since I am expecting quilting visitors in the next few weeks, the time has come to make an attempt at decluttering.  I started with the fabric/cutting/
quilting room today.

View from the sewing room showing the cutting station:

Cutting station
You can see some of my scrap storage on the left, half of the quilting frame in the rear, and a general purpose "church" table in the center of the room.  I will use that table (assuming I can keep it clear) for measuring for borders and backing, as well as pinning for hand quilting. 

That cabinet on the left came from our kitchen two houses ago.  When we knew the buyer was a developer who planned to tear the house down (please don't be outraged; it made sense), we asked if we could keep the newly installed kitchen cabinets.  I will expand the quilt frame to a full 10 feet and maybe learn how to use it.

Planning station
The cabinetry on this side came from a pediatrician's office. I purchased it at Habitat Re-store for the last house and it was one of the first things we moved here.  Currently on the "planning table" are the potential fabrics for a quilt for our first king-size bed.

Shadow of the Bear Paw - Quilt Camp project
When/if I get the sewing room in shape, I'll share that with you.  At this point I am doing well to get to the sewing machine!



6 comments:

  1. I think decluttering is a never ending job for quilt rooms. It looks pretty good to me! I need to get back to cleaning and reorganizing mine, too. I love the floor in your room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks like it's going to be a most excellent playroom... er... workroom for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful cutting area you have...though I have a sewing room it is tiny and not spacious esp. when it comes to the cutting. It will all be grand, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to get a peek at other quilters' work spaces! It looks like you have lots of room to spread things out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have lots of space! But no matter how much space there is (or isn't), the clutter always seems to expand to fill it up, doesn't it?!! Good luck with your de-cluttering and enjoy your new studio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice set up. Though I guess the more space you have, the more you can clutter up. Good luck with your de-cluttering efforts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.