You know how it goes ...
Well, on closer inspection, apparently I had only started organizing myself, with lots of little baggies to collect the bits and bobs required for the various blocks. This is the sum total of my progress at the point I ditched the original plan.
|Lori Smith Sampler blocks|
|HSTs waiting to be trimmed to 2-1/2"|
|Thangles HSTs to finish at 1"|
Those tiny triangles are a b**** to work with, though. I've pretty much given up on keeping points; I figure at that scale who will notice.
My big push has been double 4-patches. I started by strip piecing a bunch of 1-1/2" strips from the box. I subcut those into 1-1/2" chunks and made 2" (finished) 4-patches. I combined them with squares cut from the 2-1/2" strips from the box.