Sunday, July 29, 2018

Serious Case of Quilter's ADD

I don't know what to say

My only justification is that I feel a need to finish up some Christmas gifts while my LAQ might have time to quilt them.  That said, here's the "panel" I purchased on Thursday.


I put panel in quotes because it's really yardage, part of the "Sound of the Woods" line by Kaufman.  (I've already done the winter scene for my SIL who requested seasonal wall hangings for the NC mountain cabin she shares with friends.)

Sound of the Woods - Winter
An afternoon of Saturday sewing yielded this:


And after a morning of stitching today, I am to this point:


But now I have a dilemma that I am hoping some of you readers can help me with.  Because I didn't want to piece the top and bottom final borders, I am left with this on all four corners:


I can trim the border to fit, but then I would lose most, if not all, of the "air space" above the trees.  I am considering doing angled corners, but wonder if the sides would get "floppy" since this is a wall hanging.  I would make the angled corners as shallow as possible.  What do you think?

Never mind.  After discussing with DH, I decided to fill the upper corners with a right triangle and leave the bottom corners angled.  I was really worried that the sides would eventually flop inward if not supported.


6 comments:

  1. I really like your fall wall hanging. The way you’ve added the borders makes it look like a framed photograph. I’m glad you figured out what to do with your corners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That panel really has such beautiful color! I like how you did the borders, too. Are you making this in all four seasons for your SIL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd do flippy corners on the borders - maybe something close to the 'sky' fabric in color or texture. Do you have any leftovers? If not, maybe flippy corners with some of whatever you're going to be binding it with.
    They really are beautiful panels to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful panel, and I agree with Ramona, it does look like a framed picture. Do you have enough of the border print background to do stitch-and-flip corners?

    ReplyDelete
  5. SEW glad that Mr. Lakeside was able to help you arrive at a solution!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are gorgeous! Love all the orange and browns in the fall project, the border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.