Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Week in Review

Not much sewing going on

Why?  I may have gotten my 15 minutes in on Monday, I don't remember.  The last thing I was working on was using up the remnants from a wall hanging to make "something" else.


I sewed all the cutoffs from the snowball blocks into HSTs ...


... and they are morphing into hourglass units ...


... which I think I will frame to maybe become a border, or maybe still "something else."

Tuesday was a date with the dentist/hygenist back in Nashville.  Knowing that I had travelled 125 miles, the dentist managed to do some fillings after the cleaning, while I was there.  Why am I still driving that distance to a dentist?  Because she is the daughter of the family dentist I grew up with and she doesn't hurt ... much.  I will probably try to find someone local if problems arise, but as long as it's only cleaning every 6 months, I may make the trip until she retires.

On our way back to the Plateau, we stopped in Crossville to rent a car to replace DH's that died ignominiously on the way to the repair shop a couple of weeks ago -- the same day the thermostat on the new HVAC unit died.  Finding replacement parts for a 20-year-old Volvo is not easy, especially when you are isolated from major population centers.

On Wednesday I was anticipating the arrival of three S'mores friends who were coming up for Tennessee Quilts Fest in Jonesborough/Johnson City so I spent the morning cleaning and prepping.  After a delicious dinner we enjoyed an unusually pleasant (temperature-wise) evening on our deck.

That's Me, second from left
On Thursday I drove the four of us to Quilt Fest to take advantage of the 20% off sale at Tennessee Quilts.  That's 20% off of EVERYTHING, including the sale room, books, and patterns.  Definitely worth a 3-hour drive!  First on my list was adding to the variety in my collection of yellows and grays for a new quilt for our bedroom ...


... a couple of B/W FQs for Long Time Gone ...


... and a fall panel for a wall hanging.


I also added some nice bright yellows that were $7/yard.


Considering I haven't bought much this year, I don't feel bad about my purchases, except I'm having second thoughts about the gray and yellow -- not my choice of fabrics but my choice of pattern.  I have until mid-October to get started on that one, so stay tuned ...

We made it back home in time for another lovely evening on the deck before a late bedtime.  The S'mores girls left before noon on Friday.

Final Farewell



6 comments:

  1. Hey! I recognise most of those S'mores girls!! Looks like you mad some nice fabric purchases. Best of luck with the new quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s wonderful to have Quilty friends and even better when you can get together and have fun. You found some beautiful fabrics on your outing. Hope your husbands car is back on the road soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other then the trip to the dentist, sounds like a great bit of fun. Hope you got to catch up and laugh a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun with your buddies! I really like your fabric purchases. Grey and yellow always look so pretty together. I'm sure you'll choose a pattern for them that you'll be happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect visit with your buds! (Friends and fabric - could it get any better?)
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with those new pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time spent with friends who love what you love. Blessing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.