Monday, December 16, 2019

I Didn't Need This!

Scrubbing on a Sunday

Sunday is frequently laundry day and yesterday was no exception. With one bite of my lunch left in the bowl (leftover Stone Soup), I heard DH exclaim from the laundry room, "We have a problem!"

The washer, which has been making strange struggling sounds for several months, was not draining and the rinse water was running over the top and onto the floor.


I threw down two old bath towels to start absorbing the water until I could locate the sponge mop and a bucket.  I figured as long as the floor was wet and I had a mop in hand, it was a good time to give it a cleaning!  Christmas cards can wait one more day.

In full disclaimer, we knew the washer needed to be replaced but the local appliance dealer doesn't sell the brand we wanted (at that time, anyway -- I'm not going to be so particular now) so we had been putting off the one-hour drive to a big box store.  Guess where we are going today.

8 comments:

  1. don't you hate appliance problems - hope you can find the machine that will work right for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the continuation of "I Must Have Needed That!" to "I Didn't Need This!" :D We had to replace a washer this year. Must be something in the air. ;) Hope you got to finish that one bite of soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're awaiting delivery of our replacements! Our washer broke down for the 2nd time in just under 9 years. First repair cost half what we paid for it to begin with and it was the same problem, so new one, new brand. Decided also to be proactive and replace the 35+ yr. old dryer. Supposed to be here on Thursday. Brands these days...may as well put in a bag & blindly draw one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! What a mess! Hope you get a speedy delivery of the new unit, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when that happens. Hopefully you have a replacement and are back in the laundry business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate my front-loading LG washer, but the dang thing won’t die! It’s 12 years old and I’m waiting for it to die so we can re-do the entire laundry room (and appliances) all at once. It’ll probably live longer than me. Let us know what you decided on and how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bright side: it happened last weekend and not on Christmas morning! Our Amana washer was in the house when we moved in in 2003. I hope that it lasts forever. (Hope I didn't jinx it by writing that.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.