Wednesday, December 18, 2019

'Tis the Season

for cookie swaps

I can't tell you how long it's been since I have baked a cookie.... Well, last year I tried a layered bar cookie that was pretty much a disaster.  Not to mention I was an hour late to the party.

So this year I didn't want to embarrass myself at the Thursday party ... except that the party was Wednesday!  So I was up early to attack oatmeal cookies from my faithful Fannie (Farmer, that is).


My first problem was I thought I was making the recipe at the top of the page ...

Cape Cod Oatmeal Cookies
... but I didn't have molasses so I opted for the Crisp Oatmeal Cookies, instead.  I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins and they were surprisingly good.


They weren't very crispy, though.  Maybe the fact that I only got 40 cookies out of a recipe for 60 had something to do with that!

I was early to the party, met more neighbors, and came home with some tasty treats.

Oh, and all the holiday gatherings are behind me so now I can finish addressing cards and wrap presents!


8 comments:

  1. I just finished my last party last night. If only the shopping was done, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a volunteer thing at the library tomorrow night handing out hot chocolate to the kiddies and parents and then I think I am done with socializing for the season lol and I can make a little more cookies and things for us and dear daughter. There has been a time or two when I started with one recipe on the page and all of a sudden realize I was looking at the next one half way through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I miss cookie swaps. We are in a very rural area now, and I don't really miss suburbia except during the holidays - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are done with the holiday parties and travel, too. Addressing envelopes and wrapping will commence here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you made a very judicious substitution. Hope the rest of the holiday preparations are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need one of those lap desks. Right now I use a clip board but the desk would be so much better. So glad you were happy with your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My FB feed (a pun!) has been filled with photos of friends' baking. I managed to make an apple crisp for last night's dessert . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies look good from here!
    I made pumpkin bread for my daughter and that's about it. I used to bake dozens upon dozens of cookies, but the last few years I've petered right out on that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.