Sunday, December 15, 2019

I Must Have Needed That!

Twelve hours in bed
and most of it asleep!

I awoke at 5 a.m. Thursday, needing to finish a bit of cleaning 
before the church women arrived for our Christmas Stone Soup luncheon.

Old French folk tale
I swabbed the guest bathroom


... and put a Christmas quilt on the bed.


I "sweated" the aromatic veggies for the soups.
I staged the desserts to pop in the oven.
I mopped the kitchen floor.
I set the dining room tables.

Too lazy to stitch two lengths of gingham together!
I put the make-and-take project materials on the kitchen table.

Blessing Ring
I showered and dressed.
Guests due at 11:30 and it was only 10 a.m.

Do you ever have a feeling that surely you've forgotten something?
(Apparently nothing more than the mayo for the wraps.)

Everyone brought a can of something to go in the soup.
(I had started vegetable beef with leftover pot roast and gravy. 
Also a pot of turkey rice with mushrooms and spinach.)
We made blessing rings to go to shut-in members.

The party was a great success and I never took a single snapshot!
I was whipped, though.
Alex and I ate the remaining wraps standing at the kitchen counter
and crawled into bed at 6 p.m.
I slept till 6 a.m. Friday.

I NEEDED THAT!

8 comments:

  1. That is unheard of (for you!!!) I hope you aren't coming down with something that just hasn't arrived yet. Glad to hear that your party was a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must have been exhausted!! hope you had fun though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that long winter's nap (or long late-fall nap) since I've had a bout of flu all week.....Stone Soup is a great theme for a potluck gathering. I think most of us think about Marcia Brown's picture book when the tale is mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lot of work, but also a lot of fun! I'm glad you slept well afterwards! I woke up at 4:45 this morning, and who knows why - so frustrating...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great party requires a great nap!
    (And how was the soup?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stone soup lunch sounds like so much fun! I used to work for a church and we had those every year. I don't want to go back to work, but your post makes me miss them - lol! I bet your house looked beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very fun party. Glad you got in some good recovery time afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.