Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The Week for Wildlife

Today it was a hawk in the backyard

Disheveled Hawk - possibly Sharp-shinned hawk
At first I thought it might be injured because it sat for a long time just looking around.
When I went outside it hobbled into the rhododendron.

But it emerged from the rhoddie again and started pecking at something on the ground.
I went in and out of the sewing room to spray baste a quilt on the patio.
It stayed where it was.
It also looked a little less bedraggled (but I didn't get a picture).

That's life on the lake!

Oh, and the quilt I was spray-basting?

Perfect 36
More on this tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. The blocks on your TN quilt are so different! I've never seen that design before and really like them. I need to spray baste a quilt, too, and have never used the spray baste before this. I'm a bit hesitant to use it, but need to just jump in and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild life can be a lot of fun to watch. We have hawks in the neighborhood, they scare the heck out of all the birds that like to congregate at our neighbors bird feeders. Hope you have a very happy new year. Looking forward to seeing what you've got going in the sewing room this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing more about your little TN quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.