and some updates
While reorganizing my project boxes, I found another B!
|B is for Broderie Perse|
Anyway, I started this sometime before 2002. I used an upholstery-weight fabric to cut the flowers and I included an old dresser scarf as a dimensional element. Everything is attached with fusible except the edges of the scarf.
Updates: Great progress was made on Buckeye Stars yesterday! I finished all the blocks today. All the setting squares and triangles are cut and assembly has begun! Only 5 long seams till I have to make a decision about the border.
The broth I made on Tuesday was a bit unremarkable by itself as lunch. It definitely needed more salt and something in it gave it a little "off" taste -- maybe the one cabbage leaf or possibly the plethora of asparagus stems. Anyway, I combined it with some leftover corned beef broth last night to make a sausage and kale soup in the pressure cooker.
My husband, who is not a big soup fan, declared it delicious and a "keeper"!