Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter!

 Greetings and Easter blessings to all my virtual friends!

Can you believe we have already crossed the first quarter mark in 2021?  Time to get a move on ...

Getting a head start on April when Angela announced the RSC color a few days early, I immediately went to the orphanage in search of bright or light blue blocks I could use for Table Scraps, a challenge hosted by The Joyful Quilter.  I found several possibilities and, before I knew it, I had a near finish.


I had three blocks left over from Weaver Fever (Jackie Robinson pattern at Animas.com) that were either too long or too narrow.  When working with this "bargello" type of block, it is critical that intersecting seams line up and these three just didn't make the cut.  But as a table runner the length didn't matter and I could trim the width. (As a point of reference for you, the lower left light blue rectangle is the top left of the block.)

I pulled a moldie-oldie fabric for the back.


In full disclosure, I still need to tuck the seam in on one end and then I'll do a bit of stabilizing quilting.

Speaking of Weaver Fever, S'mores' Donna pulled #1 from the magic mug ...


... and putting borders on Weaver Fever is #1 on my S'mores monthly challenge list!


Inner and outer borders have been cut and packed for the next retreat later this month.

I needed to get Summer Baskets off the design wall.  Even though I have not put the fused flowers in the baskets, I decided to go ahead and assemble the center.  


All four of the little triangle borders had been made and since those were all bias I was afraid they might stretch if I folded them into the project box.  So I added them, as well.  Then, just for grins, I started making the triangles for next borders and put some up on the wall.


After considering several different combinations and arrangements of the triangles and floral fabric, nothing made me happy so I am going to simplify the design and just add the large outer floral border.


This project will go with me to retreat and if I have mechanical problems or just get burned out on sewing, I can work on the flowers.

I have been under the weather since Thursday -- don't panic, it's not Covid -- and have done nothing more than poke through my blue scraps.  Hoping to get back to the sewing room tomorrow. 

6 comments:

  1. I love the one you call Weaver Fever! don't think I have seen that one before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weaver Fever is a great design - in large and small! I like the way you're finishing the tablerunner without a binding. Really loving the Summer Baskets, especially when you add those flowers! Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of your orphan blocks from the gorgeous Weaver Fever. I love the backing fabric, too. Your Summer Baskets is going to be another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of those leftover blocks and that oldie-moldie fabric for the backing of your April TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry, Libby!! Best of luck with your bordering of Weaver Fever and making progress on that sweet Basket quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great when a PHD (project half done) can become a FO (finished object) right off the bat? I really like the colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to repurpose those bargello blocks, and the backing is perfect! I agree with your border choice for your basket project. How big will it be finished?
    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.