Sunday, April 25, 2021

Is it May Yet?

 As soon as Angela announced the RSC color for April -- light/bright blue -- I went in search of orphan blocks I could convert into table scraps.  I found a set of 3D hexagon blocks that would make a sweet table runner.

Then Montezuma's revenge hit.  One whole week out of commission -- no appetite, no energy, fighting the side effects of some powerful antibiotics.  I didn't think I would be able to make it to the S'mores retreat in KY, however as my condition improved, my confidence that I could make the drive increased.  But first, I had to get the 45K service on my van.  So Week 2 was spent in Kentucky, but not much was accomplished.  On Friday of that week I headed back to the Plateau at 0-dark-30 in order to make a committee meeting at 10 a.m.

Week 3 - nine holes of golf on Monday, drive to the dentist in Nashville on Tuesday, grocery and choir practice on Wednesday, clean up my stitching corner in the family room on Thursday, pack for a weekend in the mountains on Friday.  Saturday through Monday, time spent with my sister-in-law, first time to meet since we departed ways at LAX on February 2, 2020 after the TOALT.

So here we are beginning the last week in April and I haven't done squat in the quilt department other than do handwork on the bindings of Twisted Ribbon ...


... and Diamond in the Rough ...


Maybe I can squeeze a couple of RSC projects into these last few days of April.  At least, that's my plan!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes life just gets in the way, doesn't it, Libby?! Hope you have a good week coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have been very busy! hope you are feeling better, all the projects will still be there for you when you ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a whirlwind month, Libby! Lucky YOU!! The TABLE SCRAPS Link Party is open through Friday, April 30th (because of an operator error extension.) :o))

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.