Thursday, June 17, 2021

Planning

 I have an embarrassing number of UFOs (I stopped counting at 50).  Granted, some of those are "wishful thinking" (pattern put with fabric) but since they occupy a box, they count.  And I won't even tell you how many are in the TBQ stack!

Obviously, my plan to quilt my way through the alphabet last year didn't work as I ran out of steam around G or H.  So this year I have decided to prioritize by the amount of work it will take to finish.  I have eight quick-finish projects lined up to take to a retreat at Febuary Hill in Jonesborough next week:

    Weaver Fever - needs borders


     RSC Sampler - needs corners and borders  


      Jack's in the Pond - needs borders  (photo not available)

      Garden Trellis - it is assembled, just needs borders  


    Modern HSTs - needs borders (photo not available)

    Megan II - blocks are cut, needs assembly (and probably borders!)  

    Tumbling Triangles - blocks are made, need to layout and assemble, and think about borders

      Harriet's Legacy - needs about 5 more blocks made to become a small quilt (skip borders?)

Do you see a pattern developing?  I like to work on borders at retreats where there is plenty of room to lay out the flimsy to get proper measurements and a big table to support the weight of the top as I sew.  Let's see how much I can accomplish in a week at that glorious place.


7 comments:

  1. Seems like your favorite part is piecing! Hope you get lots of quilt tops finished up at the retreat. Like you, I have several project bags with a stack of fabric and a pattern idea. I was cleaning my sewing closet this week and was surprised to find how many of these I had prepared. Too many projects, too little time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did notice that there was a whole lot of bordering going on...
    Enjoy that retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your retreat is productive and enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the piecing but then seem to fall down on the job with the finishing up. I really don't know why that is. Meanwhile, gorgeous projects here, Libby. So much to admire and enjoy when I visit your corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Borders are tricky without a good space to spread out and measure. Sounds like a great idea to use your retreat space to do just that! Do you have a favorite that you'll work on first?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with getting all of those borders applied next week, Libby! I hope you are taking something to work as leader/enders, as well. Wouldn't want you to get bored! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weaver fever is gorgeous and on my wish list but my to do list is huge too. I get stuck needing backings as i am a scrapper and rarely buy yardage. Guess I better change that huh

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.