Sunday, June 27, 2021

So What Was I Up To ...

 That last day of retreat?

You may remember that I went to Tennessee Quilts and came back with a new project to work on.  The pattern is One-Fabric Kaleidoscope.

The fabric is Patricia by In The Beginning fabrics.

The quilt is made from octagons cut from eight stacked strips of this border print.


I am making it larger than the pattern and this is where I am so far.

Still need to stitch the diagonal rows.  My blocks came out too small (I think the cutting instructions were a little ambiguous about how big to cut the border print strips) so I did some trimming and now some of my block intersections are a bit wonky.  After I cut the borders I may have enough fabric to replace some wonky blocks.  More later.  

Family visiting here and it may be a few days before I get back to sewing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was some speedy sewing! I can't believe how far along your 'new project' is already!
    And what a revelation about using a border print to cut kaleidoscope blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful border fabric and looks like a fun project. How large will it be? marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.