Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Attitude Adjustment

My psyche was set for a houseful of company for five days -- Saturday to Thursday -- but that didn't happen.  

SIL was not able to come at all.  Son-2 and GS-3 arrived as planned on Saturday, but went to Dollywood Monday and stayed overnight there. Son-1 arrived to spend the day with his brother on Tuesday as planned. Because of a kerfuffle at home, Son-2 et fil left this morning, a day early.

So what's a girl to do with unplanned spare time? I spent Monday catching up on all the TV recordings from the week before when I was in Jonesborough.  Today I'm going to plant some creeping Jenny in my garage planters, then maybe I'll venture down to the sewing room.  I hope to get a little further on Patricia's Kaleidoscope.


At a minimum, I want to cut the borders.  My expanded version should finish about 86" x 86".


6 comments:

  1. I love unexpected free time! I can't wait to see your quilt finish from this pattern. It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta admit that I'm happy with unexpected free time, too! Sorry it's because of shortened family time though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Libby, Kaleidoscope is just a beauty isn't it! What detailed fabric and such soft colours.
    Meanwhile, with family and kids you just have to go with the flow, I say. And enjoy your extra free time. None of us are ever stuck for things to do as stitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so disappointing to be looking forward to time with family and not have it actually happen like you hoped. Sounds like you made good use of your unexpected free time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that your plans got jumbled, but glad to hear that you spent some time down in the studio, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you didn't get the family time you were hoping for. Hopefully you made good use of the unexpected free time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.