Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Summer Retreat

While I may have gotten off to a rough start -- unstitching more than I stitched -- things have smoothed out and a lot of progress has been made.  Frankly, it wouldn't matter if I never accomplished a thing in this peaceful setting.

I arrived at February Hill Retreat Center in Jonesborough, TN about noon on Monday and was faced with deciding which of the nine projects would be first on the agenda.  I chose Harriet's Legacy which, according to my notes only needed five more blocks to be a small top.  

My notes lied!  The second round of the medallion was not even together and the HSTs in the third round bear paws were being recalcitrant, so I put that project into timeout and moved on to Weaver Fever.  Before bedtime I had added inner and outer borders.

On Tuesday I added borders to Jack's in the Pond ...


... put borders on Garden Trellis ...


... finished the remaining blocks for Megan II (Great to be Square) ...


... and put corners on the RSC sampler from 2018.


I also made a trip to Tennessee Quilts and came back with a new project that I worked on today.  More on that tomorrow!




  

5 comments:

  1. what a pretty place - nice to make progress on projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see your progress! I love that background fabric for the RSC sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say that farbling is a brand new word to me. I had to look it up and I love it.
    What a spot for a retreat and just look at all you are accomplishing, Libby. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four tops in 3 days, plus finishing off a stack of blocks is great progress Libby! It will be interesting to see what drew you at TN Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It tickles me that you went out and got a new project to work on! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.