Wednesday, June 2, 2021

One Good Thing

 ... about Daylight Savings Time

I get to enjoy a 5 a.m. sunrise like Monday morning's!

My husband and I disagree on whether it is 4 or 6 a.m. standard time.  I am convinced of one time until he makes his argument for the other that always sounds so logical.  Anyone else confused?  (Since we live less than 20 miles from the Eastern time zone, I'm always confused. anyway.  Our TV, as well as our big shopping, is in Knoxville which is in the Eastern zone, so I'm constantly having to adjust times.)

With Priority One now off my list, I spent two days in the sewing room putting things away, assessing the situation, and setting priorities for the remainder of the year.  I pressed all those HSTs that I ran through the machine when getting my sew-jo back.  

It is some of my favorite Kim Diehl fabric -- I love her soft comforting colors -- and I have the urge to do something with all those tiny (1-3/4") squares that were cut off this quilt:

I have eight of almost all of the combos, so I looked through some block patterns for an idea.  This is what I have settled on.


My plan is to make as many as I can using up scraps from the same fabrics as the HSTs for the center and  corners.  When I run out of those, I'll substitute something similar.  

AS IF I need another new project ...

5 comments:

  1. Your spot in the time zone does sound a little confusing, but the sunrise view is worth it! I say "go for it!" with the new project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one time when camping we were close to 2 state lines and one state with no daylight savings time (Arizona) but we were so near the time zone change that our clocks could not seem to decide what time it was and kept changing as they felt like it - I found it very frustrating and confusing. I love that sunrise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! I love your little shooflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute block to use up those scraps, Libby!! Thanks for sharing that spectacular sunrise. You KNOW that I never see those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got your sew jo back Libby! That quilting ball was so interesting to see and of course, I had never heard of such a thing. You have the prettiest views and your scrappy projects are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.