Saturday, July 10, 2021

Decision Made

I settled on the white fabric to go opposite the palm fronds (I've been erroneously calling it fern) in the Hunter Star blocks.

I finished the first 10 blocks today but failed to get a photograph.  I have enough of the palm frond fabric to make 80 blocks so my goal is to complete 10 a day.  If I have enough of the white fabric, I will make white/white blocks to "border" the combo blocks.  Hoping to cut the white fabric tomorrow to see how many blocks I can get -- hopefully enough for the 10x8 setting I have planned ...

Spent some time with my Kindle (and a glass of wine and Goldfish) this afternoon enjoying the shade and the breeze under the deck enclosure.  I'm reading On Thin Icing (A Bakeshop Mystery) by Ellie Alexander and so far it is keeping my interest.


Depending on the weather tomorrow, I hope to get in another short kayak run.  Even with the launch/lift, I have trouble getting out of the boat because I have so little strength in my legs. (Note to self:  walk more!)  I think I'll try the roll-over-on-my-knees technique this time.  There will definitely be NO pictures of that!

5 comments:

  1. I like your sample block very much, Libby. Best of luck on your 10/day goal (and having enough of the white to complete your border idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joyful's every word! And your afternoon on the deck sounded peaceful and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white!! This is going to be a very charming quilt! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Hunter Star block is so pretty - those colors are perfect with your palm frond print! I hope you have enough of the white to complete your plan. Good luck on your 10 blocks per day goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such pretty colors in your Hunter's Star block! You chose perfectly. Some time with a book, a glass of wine, and a snack sounds perfect, too. Enjoy your kayaking adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.