Saturday, July 31, 2021

Start-Itis

OK, so I made 10 more Hunter Star blocks at Devo on Tuesday, bringing my total up to 52 (of 120).  

I'm getting bored.  When that happens I get the itch to start something new, thinking that will get me excited about sewing again.  Never mind that I have at least two other new projects on the wall that remain unfinished...

My cure?  The Macaron Mystery hosted by Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs.  I like her mysteries because she is very specific about which fabrics will/will not be adjacent to each other and the clues come only once a month.  AND she offers a "sneak peak" if you need help choosing fabrics or if you just plain don't like to be surprised.

This was my studio after a day of pulling potential fabric combos.

I mean,  really ... where's the ironing board?

Not wanting to purchase anything new, I was stymied by needing 3+ yards of a background that "reads" solid like a tone-on-tone.  Fully frustrated, I gave in and took a sneak peak.  Ahh, now that I know where this is going, here's my final pull:


Fabric C will only touch background-1; the others will touch both.  Fabric D will actually be an assortment of red scraps.  Stay tuned for further developments.  Clue 2 comes out this Thursday!




2 comments:

  1. I've never joined in on one of Cheryl's mysteries, but the ones I've seen made are always so pretty. I like your fabric pull, Libby! It will be fun to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never participated in one of Cheryl's mysteries, but she's a good pattern writer and it's nice that she offered a sneak peek for you. Nice fabric pull. My start-itis this week is Ricky Tims's Kool Kaleidoscope quilt along. Like I need another project, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.