Friday, July 16, 2021

Ten!

 This is what the ten Monday blocks look like ...

Tuesday was the first meeting of the neighborhood book club and I needed to prep my suggestions so didn't make it down to the sewing room.  I have been accumulating ideas from all of you for over a year and it was hard for me to pick only two from the almost 100 on my list.  What I found interesting is no one else suggested even one from my list!  So there are obviously a lot of books out there to enjoy.  I have been reading on the deck with my afternoon wine and am really enjoying it. Oh, you may be wondering what I suggested ... Everything Beautiful in Its Time by Jenna Bush Hagar (Hoda's recommendation) and Cher Ami and Major Whittlesey by Kathleen Rooney (Nann's recommendation).

Ten more blocks finished on Wednesday ...

I am currently considering this setting:

Not particularly inspired, but it works with what I have.  I determined I did not have enough of the white to make all-white blocks for the border.  However, I found a source for the palm frond fabric and have ordered a yard from Jordan Fabrics.  Now I should be able to complete 120 combo blocks.

Thursday the weather finally cooperated and we were able to get out in the kayaks for about one hour.

That's Alex posing in my kayak on the launch/lift.  He cranked it up a bit for me so that I wasn't floating and it made getting out of the boat a LOT easier.  Still not pretty, but manageable.  I never made it down to the sewing room after that workout, though.

Today I have a church meeting in the morning, hoping to sew some this afternoon.  I'm not doing too well with my 10/day goal ;(  With luck it will be finished by next summer ...

2 comments:

  1. 10 blocks a day is a lot! They're coming together nicely, though. My book club is reading the Jenna Bush Hager book for our next discussion. It sounds like a good one. Glad you're finding a way to make getting in and out of the kayak a bit easier. Next time have Alex take a picture of you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.