Monday, July 19, 2021

In the Kitchen

 My stovetop has Polenta Pox

Here's the magic tool to fix it.

Yes, that's what you use to get paint off your glass windows!

Today I was using up some thawed pork carnitas and thought warming it up in some carnitas sauce would be tasty if served over polenta.  I make the instant kind of polenta that requires stirring for 5 minutes.  Somehow I can't keep it from going everywhere, lethal on my hands...

Have you tried the new One Sheet Pan seasoning mixes?  Son-2 has done some sheet pan meals lately and I also heard about it online so I purchased some of the seasoning packets.

I have tried two different chicken packets and one pork.  Meat and vegetables all go on one sheet pan.  Definitely easy and only one pan to clean up.  The packets are a little heavy on the salt; I could probably come up with a better alternative but the convenience is worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I had not seen those season packets I wrote down the name so I will keep an eye out for it - everything is high in sodium it seems unless you do it from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen. Everything is loaded with salt unless you make it fresh at home! I'm all for a quick and easy dinner, though, so may need to try this. Thanks for sharing, Libby!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.