Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had the most wonderful day on Tuesday with part of the family (DH couldn't make it due to ongoing deck construction).  My SIL and I drove to Nashville Monday afternoon and spent all of Tuesday getting acquainted with the newest member of the family.

I was finally able to give Miss C her Tiny Tuesday quilt and it was much appreciated by everyone.

Grand DIL knew immediately what I had intended all along -- she spied the owl and the pig, talked about the shapes and colors, discovered the tactile feature in the bowties, all teaching tools for the baby as she grows.  It went immediately on the floor (as intended).

We had the whole day with nothing to do but visit with my son and DIL, as well as the grands (well, half of the grands; the others arrive today and we hope to see them at the end of the week).  We shared stories and pictures and laughs.  SIL and I were just glowing with the warmth of the occasion.  I wish the younguns lived closer, but I am thankful that both families are doing well where they are.


Construction update: Trex is installed on deck and dock, screens have been installed on the enclosure, underdeck (patio ceiling) is 3/4 done.  Cable railing to be installed next week, as well as the kayak launch/lift. We're slowly getting there ...



1 comment:

  1. What a perfect quilt for that special little one, Libby! So glad you got to go see her and spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.