Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Trying New Things

I wrote previously about trying a new pattern -- Masala Box by Preeti/sewpreetiquilts.  I've been attempting to make two blocks of each Rainbow Scrap Challenge color per day, trying to catch up on RSC'21.  I added orange and gold last week.


Over the weekend I tried a color that I don't normally include in a RSC block -- gray.

There is a tiny gray stripe in the background fabric, after all.  I really like it!  Twenty blocks completed, will be assembled next week at the S'mores retreat.

We took baked brie to the neighbors' house on Saturday since the weather prevented our going out on their pontoon for the Halloween Boat Parade.  I enjoy cranberries with brie so I tried a new recipe for cranberry chutney.


It has quite a twang with a hint of cinnamon.  Actually quite nice -- in small quantities.

Another new thing I tried last week is a facial moisturizing serum that is supposed to plump up wrinkles.


It actually seems to be helping the wrinkles, but not the droopy jaws.  Anyway, I'm blaming my recent weight gain on plumper wrinkles!

7 comments:

  1. I tell you I have tried so many products for my wrinkly long skinny neck nothing works and I'm only 69 - the doctor blames it on a long skinny neck - if you find anything that works let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background fabric is looking great with all the colors, Libby! I'm definitely getting that pattern for myself. Baked Brie sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those plumper wrinkles will jack up the scale every stinkin time! LOL! Your RSC blocks look terrific ... that grey one is quite nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to include that a parade on a pontoon sounds fun ... sorry y'all had to miss that! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm loving your Masala Box blocks, Libby! That's a fun background fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one way to plump up wrinkles, on hands at least is to drink plenty of water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsala blocks are little beauties, Libby.
    Thanks for mentioning that lotion...anything that plumps is good. But yes, I have the saggy jowl thing going on too. So good that vanity lessens as we age...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.