Thursday, February 3, 2022

It Wasn't All Golf!

... or art ...

... or animals ...

... or dining al fresco ...

... or history.

Yes, we spent two days at the golf tournament at Torrey Pines, saw the Van Gogh Experience at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, went to the famous San Diego zoo, had lunch at the Hotel del Coronado, and visited the Cabrillo National Monument.  But no trip to San Diego would be complete for a quilter without a visit to Rosie's Calico Cupboard in El Cajon -- a large shop with loads of discounted quality current-line fabrics!  Best of all, it's organized by collection, not color, so it's easy to find something specific.

Want batiks?  There's a whole aisle for you with flannels on the other side.

Need another shade of white?  Surely you could find something here!

Last time I was there (about 15 years ago) I had to buy a new carry-on to hold all my purchases.  This time I was more restrained.  A fabric to go with 60 rose/white flying geese that should have been rose/cream ...

... some fun RSC backgrounds ...

... a couple yards of interesting textures ...

... and an assortment of grey FQs.

The RSC backgrounds are already in the laundry.

We had a fabulous time and are so relieved to be back home ahead of the potential icing, though it looks like it will miss the Plateau.  It was 37 when we left Nashville this morning, and 53 when we got to the Plateau 100 miles east.  Talk about weather microcosms!






 

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an awesome trip! We were there almost 8 years ago, but I didn't know about Rosie's! You found some beautiful fabrics there. It will be fun to see those work their way into your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful trip, Libby! I'll definitely have to put Rosie's on my list for the next time we go to San Diego. Glad you're home, and missed the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trip! Great fabrics! I love the choices you made for the rainbow challenge! I love that rose fabric! Such nice choices! Hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and brought back some wonderful souvenirs, Libby! Here in central NC, temps got to 70 this afternoon. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fun trip. I love your fabric haul, especially those RSC backgrounds, perfect. I'm glad you got home safely without trouble due to the winter storm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun and fabulous trip with a bit of all kinds of fun. Glad you beat the storm. It was certainly a travel stopper here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.