Tuesday, August 11, 2015

DWM on Tuesday

Heading out to retreat!!

The S'mores summer retreat starts today.  Three days of fun and frivolity!!

It's been an active summer for most of us dealing with family and houses and cars and appliances and life itself.  And to make matters worse, we lost one of our members to cancer early this year so I know there will be a lot of hugs and a few tears will be shed.

Here's what I have lined up to work on -- in between hugs, tears, snacks, and hikes:

Binding on Black and Tan Pineapple

Black and Tan Pineapple

Binding on Cathedral Stars

Cathedral Stars

Lay out border units on Radically Random.  Maybe stitch, maybe not ....

Radically Random

Assemble Candy Dish -- maybe

Candy Dish
I really need the big tables to work on this and since the rows are done it would be easy to finish, even with distractions.

Paper piece remaining units for Summer Heat.

Summer Heat
 Another project that won't require a lot of thought, once I get back in the groove of paper piecing.

Lady Liberty
Lady Liberty

As a backup I'm taking New York Beauty blocks because I will have the BabyLock machine with the thread cutter, but I think that's a little ambitious.

Visiting with my friends, some coming from NC, GA, IN, and KY, is much more important!


Linking up with Connie and friends at Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday.



7 comments:

  1. Summer Heat is pretty - I like your choice of colors. One of these days I'll screw up the courage to try New York Beauties. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you're prepared for retreat! Lots of different projects, some requiring concentrations and others that let you chat while you work (binding, anyone?). Have a great time, and thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun project. Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness your have been busy. I have always loved a pretty pineapple quilt. I also love the Summer Heat block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a busy girl! They are all lovely, hard to pick which one is my favorite. Sounds like your heading out for a wonderful time! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have lots of fun and pretty projects to work on. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - lots to work on! Have fun at retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.