Thursday, October 26, 2017

An Eclectic Design Wall

Squirrel alert!

Sunday's wall
I put several things on the wall Sunday just to get me motivated.  Since then I have made the 6 additional chunky churn dashes shown here, finished two Grand Illusion blocks (OMG) and located the scraps to make the missing units for the last one, and I'm well on my way to a finish of the first shirt picnic quilt.

Picnic quilt one of two
Thanks to the Polka Dot Chicken, I was inspired to try my hand at some improv Christmas trees.

Thanks, Carol!
So guess what I spent last evening doing.  If you guessed cutting squares for Christmas trees, you are right!  Now to get the lights cut to pair up with the red and green squares and I'll be all set for a fun and easy retreat project next week.


8 comments:

  1. I love your shirt picnic blocks! I have lots of shirts deconstructed and may have to copy your design. Are you using 2 1/2" squares? Thanks for the wonky tree block link, too! I think I've just added one more quilt to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm using 2-1/2" squares. It's a design by Jo Kramer that will be in an upcoming publication. You can see her version on Jo's Country Junction and search for Amber's quilt. I'm using gray chambray where she used muslin.

      Delete
  2. I always love getting a peek at other quilters' design walls - lots of inspiration on yours, Libby! The plaid shirts look great in your blocks, with the gray. I'm making some of this tree blocks, too! Sandra at mmmquilts has a tutorial for making mug rugs out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects! I love all your projects, especially that picnic quilt! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picnic quilt with shirtings, and I'm sure the recipients will too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those trees look like so much fun! Squirrels can be so contagious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fun projects on your design wall. The trees are going to be fun. The picnic blocks are my favorites. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE how the Picnic Quilt is coming along!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.