Monday, October 30, 2017

OMG - Almost ...

... But not quite

My One Monthly Goal (OMG) for October was to finish the blocks for Grand Illusion.

Grand Illusion (a/k/a Grand Mess)
Obviously, I'm one block shy of a quilt.  I was short on the coral/gray/brack chevron units; other distractions (like Christmas trees -- thanks Polka Dot Chicken!) also kept me from achieving my goal.  I did, however, locate enough of those scraps that I can make the ones I need.  I'm thinking I will assemble the blocks as I have them on the wall, without sashing, and then use the border units that have already been made as the border with a small inner border of brack as a separator.

I'm dutifully reporting my OMG accomplishment (or lack thereof) at Elm Street Quilts.  Now to think about what my goal for November will be.  More Christmas trees, perhaps? Hmmm ....


9 comments:

  1. It's looking good! It's hard when there are so many wonderful distractions. Can't wait to see your Christmas trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could set the 11 blocks on point. Of course that would mean coming up with something for setting triangles....I do like the colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you found enough material to finish up the last block! It's looking good, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made good progress on your goal and that counts, even if you didn't get quite get all the way there. I'm in the same boat this month, didn't quite get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt top is looking good! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt has a lot of pieces! I don't always like blocks next to each other, but in this case I do. Glad you had enough pieces (and could find them) to make that last block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently finished my Grand Illusion without sashing and without the proper border... I lost some pieces and wonder when they will show up now that the quilt is done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the same boat this month, didn't quite get there.


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.