Monday, November 6, 2017

Design Wall Monday



Not much sewing has been going on here on the hill.  Mostly I've been cleaning and organizing the new and improved quilt studio space.  In the process I came across bits that appeared to have no purpose (that I can recall) but appeared to want to be sewn together.  So rather than shove them aside, I stitched.


Flying geese that will finish 3" x 1.5".  I have absolutely NO clue what I was planning with these!


Bright geese in a brown sky.  Hey, brown!! At least I can get credit for working with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for November ;-).

Then there was a pile of snowmen squares that I combined with WOW snowflake squares.


It appears I have enough to make a winter throw, design of which is still to be determined.


Since it's snowmen I figure it would be appropriate well past the Christmas season so I want the companion fabrics to be somewhat neutral, like this black print.  Oh, look, it qualifies for the November RSC, too!!



4 comments:

  1. Sneaky! 8)
    Well done on the incidental RSC work! There's no such thing as too many flying geese, by the way. Very handy to have a bunch made up and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little bits in the Color of the Month for the RSC. Great job of "dumpster diving!!" I'll be looking forward to seeing what becomes of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby you have quite the set up in your sewing space...looks marvelous. I come across little stitched things from time to time that I have no clue about but look how handy these you found are. Still staying above freezing here so not quite snowman time yet, but any minute now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those snowman blocks. Maybe your geese are resting on ground, waiting to fly south?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.