Monday, November 27, 2017

Long Time

No Hear

I hope all my virtual friends had a 
restful and pleasant Thanksgiving weekend!

We had a mixed week -- first, painters power washed every exterior surface, including the retaining walls, walkway, and driveway.

Upper retaining wall
Of course, they picked the two coldest mornings of the season to do this and had to wait until temperatures got above freezing.

Lower retaining wall and driveway
The machinery is loud and we discovered how drafty our windows and doors are, judging from the water on the floor and window sills!  They also powered the old paint off the decks and began caulking and painting windows.  We're starting to sparkle here on the hill.

Sadly, as to sewing progress, this will be the "new normal" for the next month -- painters in and out, us relocating furniture and possessions room-by-room.  I'd like to think I could retire to the studio and avoid the madness, but I get a bit catatonic just thinking about what happens next.

I have snuck down to the studio a couple of times and put the finishing touches on the first of two picnic quilts made for the grandsons from their shirts.



Linking up with other scrappy happenings at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.


6 comments:

  1. Having contractors in the house can be exhausting. I feel like I can't relax. Hopefully you will be able to sneak downstairs some and sew. Your picnic quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One quilt top down, one to go!! Only 28 days to make it happen. I'm not above giving a quilt top for Christmas with the promise of a finish... by the following Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get nothing done when contractors are around. I bet you are counting down the days! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hope you can get some sewing time squeezed somewhere into the chaos! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Libby with what sounds like a beehive of activity surrounding you, but the end results will be worth it.
    I followed so many folks' journeys with the last Bonnie mystery QAL and enjoyed it so much. Sadly my piecing skills are just not there. But I will follow you and the others as they work out their colours and begin the piecing. If like Provence, it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having work done around the house is just one of those necessary distractions sometimes. Hopefully they'll get done quickly and you can get back to your normal.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.