Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wildlife Wednesday

Mystery Visitor

Earlier this week we noticed a resident squirrel on the upper deck, head stuck between the posts, staring toward the neighbor's house and squawking its little head off.

After a while it moved to the top rail, body unmoving, 
still staring intently in the same direction.

This is what was upsetting him:

Bobcat - photo from Wikipedia
I had heard reports of bobcats in the area, but this was a total surprise to me.  
Of course, my camera was downstairs in the studio so I have to rely on a stock photo.  
But, believe me, it looked just like this.  

Or maybe this:

Bobcat - Wikipedia photo
Bigger than a housecat, smaller than many dogs, black tips on the ears, short tail -- 
all the indicators were there.  
It strolled casually down our driveway but when it saw me watching from the deck, 
it trotted across the street and into the woods.

We don't have pets, so I'm not worried, but I did put a notice on the neighborhood web page.

Life is always exciting here on the hill.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't think we see those around here. Sorry you didn't have your camera with you to get you own photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to have actual wildlife in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Poor little squirrel was trying to talk to you!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. An unexpected visitor to be sure!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.