Thursday, November 30, 2017

Mid-Week Progress


Monday - The painters returned after the holiday and finished painting the exterior trim.

Meanwhile, I returned flooring samples to the store.  We ultimately decided to leave the carpet in the little hall and just have it professionally cleaned because the transition to the kitchen floor was going to be too difficult with the LVT (luxury vinyl tile) I had chosen for the hall and powder room.


At that point we realized we had enough of the LVT left over from the kitchen (the previous owners thoughtfully left for us) to do the powder room!


All that thinking left me good for not much the rest of the day, but I did manage to make a few more turquoise 9-patches while watching The Voice Monday night.


Tuesday - The painters began the morning scraping paint smears off the windows outside.  Then they washed them all!  These guys are great; maybe they'll wash the windows inside after they paint the interior trim ... I can hope, can't I?  They spent the remainder of the day staining the pickets and rails on the decks.

At this point we thought that the interior painting would begin on the top floor, so I spent ALL of Tuesday deep cleaning the guest bathroom, removing paintings and chatskies from the bedroom, and stripping the beds.  The painters said they would clean surfaces; I just don't trust that they will clean to my standards.

DH emptied his closet -- one bag going to Goodwill and a big box going to our church's closet for our weekly homeless guests.

Wednesday - After the weekly trip to the grocery, I was all set to attack the second bedroom upstairs, the one we've been using as the master BR for 9+ years.  Frankly, I was weak just THINKING about that task when the boss painter showed up and told us that after they finish staining the upper deck they wanted to remove the cabinet doors and drawers in the kitchen to take to the shop for painting.  What!!?  At least we now have the whole weekend to sort through our bedroom!

So, Wednesday was devoted to emptying kitchen drawers.  I'm feeling kinda smug right now because I took pictures of each drawer before I emptied it.


I also washed all the little dividers and eliminated a few items that will go to Goodwill.  I've started a box for things I want to move to the new kitchen but we won't need in the next few months.

Wednesday night was handbell practice; no sewing. 😞

That's my midweek report.




4 comments:

  1. Hooray! for a little bit of sewing time (in the midst of all that cleaning.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nine patches look like little gems in all of the remodel chaos. It's good to slip away, even if it's just for snippets of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, I can just see you scurrying through the house, one step ahead of the painters! Good luck with squeezing in a little more sewing time!
    (And taking photos of the drawers was a brilliant idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an undertaking! You'll be so happy to have done all the slimming down before you move. But boy it is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.