Saturday, November 11, 2017

Scrappy Saturday

Two flimsies and three blocks

With all the repair/remodeling activities this week, I felt fortunate to find a few minutes in the studio.  I pulled together two "wheelchair" quilts out of some snowman squares I had salvaged from an old Christmas wreath.


I call them "wheelchair" quilts because they are about 40" x 40" without borders -- just right to go over a lap when sitting in a wheelchair.

I had originally thought about using a black print for the setting squares, but in the end I picked a red and green plaid by Possibilities. 


I ran short of the plaid for the second quilt so I used a Luminosity print by Paula Nadelstern for the side triangles.


Now I'm wishing I had used it on both.  Oh, well.  I'm hoping that these will be the first things quilted on my new Block RockiT and that our church women's group will know people who can use a lift for the holidays.

I also dug through my brown scraps and made three chunky churn dash blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

RSC17 - dark neutrals
These lean toward the cafe au lait side of brown and I think they will blend nicely with the other blocks made this year.  These only finish at 6" so I see this project continuing into 2018.


4 comments:

  1. Such a good idea for the wheelchair quilts! They're going to really be appreciated! I like your chunky churn dashes, too. Brown can be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the Salvaged Snowmen Quilts!! I like the one with the black edges, too, but you can always bind the first quilt in that fabric (providing there is enough for the job.) Glad to see that you found time to play with your BROWN scraps this week! I'm hoping to do the same in the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the darker setting triangles, the really set off the center of the quilt. Hope you can get in some stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both those four patch tops look great, but that second one is really special!
    Good luck with the debut of the Block RockiT. Looking forward to your posts about it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.