Tuesday, May 29, 2018

House Update

and a little more pink

Adjustable beds showed up at our doorstep last Wednesday.
Of course, Mr. Lakeside had to try it out immediately!


Here's the bed dressed.

Exploding Pineapple
I clearly need to make a bigger quilt!  I guess this one will just become eye candy in this room.
Speaking of eye candy, take a look at the sexy lighting in here.


We have dimmable pot lights all over the house, too.  

Making a rare appearance on the lake ...


What you can't see is the guy is peddling!
I think the sail is just for looks.

Enough on the house ... I actually got a bit more sewing done in the last two days.

Yellow Loosey Goosey column is finished (oops, no pic).
And pink Loosey Goosey is under the needle.

Loosey Goosey in progress
I've found a really helpful You-Tube tutorial for those of you who have asked.
https://deb-tuckers-studio-180-design.myshopify.com/products/migrating-geese
I googled staggered flying geese. 
 In my case I am using 4-7/8" background squares and 5-1/4" geese squares to create a 6" wide strip of geese.  Hope this helps.

I also finished the first two blocks of my Wayward Transparency mini.

Block 1 Wayward Transparency
The color is WAY off in this photo.  It is really on the pink side of fuscia.

Well, that catches you up on Life on the Lake!

4 comments:

  1. I am trying Diann's workaround and posting a comment to myself to see if I get notification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Exploding Pineapple is one of my favorites. That view of the lake is beautiful! Thanks for the link for the Loosey Goosey blocks. Those will go on my bucket list now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new house! The views are great. Thank you for the link to Deb Tucker's site. Shoot now there are more quilts to make. I watched the video on her site for the migrating geese. Looking forward to trying it out. Thank you, thank you. :-) Sara @ohsirius7at Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SEW glad that you found some time to work on some quilting projects!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.