Monday, May 7, 2018

Wildlife Wednesday

On Tuesday Monday

I just couldn't wait a day to relate Monday's experience!  Especially since the day began with a failing refrigerator and food thawing in the freezer. And a mountain of boxes to unpack and a kitchen to organize.  And me, alone, to deal with it all.

As I sipped my second -- or was it my third? -- cup of coffee I caught an image out of the corner of my eye, something bounding down toward the lake.


I'm assuming it was a juvenile male.  He first surveyed the lake from the moss-covered rock promentory but apparently it did not suit his purpose because he moved on to the new neighbor's yard.


At this point I'm figuring he was looking for a drink of water.


A mallard paddling in the lake seemed to attract his attention.  So he stepped lively down to the rocks.


The next thing I knew, he was heading across the lake.


There must have been a really attractive potential mate on the other side!


5 comments:

  1. Now that had to put you in a better frame of mind after the failing refrigerator! it looks like you’ve moved to paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you day got off to a very rough start. Hope it got better as the day went on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he came to say - breathe, relax.... hopefully the fridge will turn back on.... Oh the stress of that is more than enough - but the deer is so more relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know they would swim!
    Your view is so beautiful. Hope the fridge started working quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.