Saturday, May 5, 2018

I've become a Slug

Time for a change

After being relatively inactive for seven weeks, I find I have become a slug.  I haven't done anything interesting enough to post about, haven't even touched a sewing machine in over two weeks.  Only managed a few stitches on my One Monthly Goal for April, though I did sneak in some stitching time in the van on our last trip up to House 2.

Stitching on the road
At least the yellow qualifies for April's RSC, but I missed my One Monthly Goal by one side.  My goal was to finish the binding by April 14, but the weather was threatening that day so I skipped the breakfast meeting where I intended to gift it so we could leave town ahead of the storms.

Arm-chair sewing companion
My arm-chair sewing companion fit nicely on the arm of my seat as I stitched away the miles. 

I have to tell you a "funny" story about the intended recipient of this quilt.  At an earlier WOC breakfast when I was giving away the second or third quilt she jokingly said, "Just how sick does one have to be to get a quilt?"  Well, I think she went a little overboard last week when she fell and cracked her cheekbone in three places!

The boot has been off for over two weeks.  I spent the interim in a brace.

Brace
The brace provides a surprising amount of support.  Getting a normal shoe on over it is challenging, however.  It is SO nice to be able to wear regular pants!  The only thing I could get over the boot was sweat pants.  Fortunately I had three pair so I could work some variety into my wardrobe, but I think those pants are destined for Goodwill.  I don't want to be reminded ever again of why I wore them!

Good news!  Yesterday the orthodoc gave me the green light to go braceless (except in situations where I know the ground will be uneven).  However, now it's the knee that is the problem 😒  He gave me a cortisone shot and it is already feeling better.

Better news!  House 1 got listed yesterday!  More on that later.


4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Little Penguin Quilts and have spent some time looking at and enjoying your posts. You've got me fascinated with staggered geese via your Loosey Goosey block in the April 21, 2018 post, and I've found a few instructions on the internet.
    I hope your leg continues to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the good progress with your ankle, with your binding, and with getting house 1 listed. All that doesn't sound sluggish to me; it sounds like progress on several fronts. Best wishes on selling house 1 quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as though you're keeping your spirits up during the long season of recuperation! Hope the house gets an offer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that your mobility has improved. You won't be a slug for long. Congrats on getting the house listed, that is a bit chore.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.