Saturday, May 26, 2018

Scrappy Saturday

Where did May go?

I know I'm not the only one feeling a day late and a dollar short when it comes to May.  Where did it go?  OK, don't answer that ...

Even though I've been moving and trying to keep up with two houses, I have managed a bit of Rainbow Scrap Challenge sewing.  The color for the month is pink/rose.

I have made all the geese for my Loosey Goosey column, but have only assembled this much.

Loosey Goosey - RSC May
I still have a bit of April's LG column to finish, also ...

And today I muddled my way through the Squared Away sampler block.

My May Squared Away Sampler Block
Mari's May block


I don't know what it is about half-square triangles ... I feel so dyslexic.  Of course I made it hard for myself by reversing the floral and solid fabrics shown in Mari's sample.    And I tried to economize my effort by piecing "units" which I ended up unsewing on more than one occasion.  Not my favorite block of the series, but it's done.





Reporting my progress with Angela at So Scrappy.

7 comments:

  1. That's a pretty one, Libby! You could make another one by reversing the floral and solid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block, I love this floral pink, and this block seems perfect to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way your Sampler block turned out. I'm amazed you managed to get any PINK sewing done this month!! Calmer days are coming, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to keep up when you move. You've got some beautiful pale pinks in your Loosey Goosey block and your sampler block turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these are lovely and the fact that you are moving and still managed to make a block is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive that between two houses and all you have going on!!! I like those blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are lovely, Libby! But I know what you mean about HSTs. Don’t feel you need to reply to this comment bcuz of the Blogger email fiasco. Let’s hope Diann’s workaround does work. And since I’m here, thanks for commenting on my RSC post. xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.