Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Status Report

At least it's not dead

A very nice and informative repair guy showed up yesterday morning and spent several hours assessing the refrigerator situation.  The good news:  It's not dead.  The bad news: It will be several days for the parts to arrive.

I am so thankful that a second fridge came with the house.  Since Mr. Lakeside was on the road Monday, I had to pull the fridge away from the wall far enough to plug it in.  It worked! So I was able to salvage everything -- almost.  More on that as soon as I can get my photos to upload/download from the cloud.

Fearing the chicken would not take well to re-freezing, I popped the thawing chicken into a pan of shallow water and poached it.  We had it for dinner last night and we both lived to tell the tale.


4 comments:

  1. So, unlucky that the 1st fridge died, but lucky there was a 2nd fridge - sounds like you're breaking even! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to replace our refrigerator at Thanksgiving time last year. Glad to hear that yours can be repaired.
    Marlene
    marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky break!! And, dinner to boot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to salvage most of what was in refrigerator one. Hope the parts arrive sooner than expected.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.