Friday, August 9, 2019

Cutting It Close

Mosaic Mystery - Month 2/Cutting

I was showered and dressed, ready to go out to lunch with the church women Thursday morning and had several hours to fill before I headed downtown.  I didn't want to do any stitching and end up with threads all over me, so I decided to cut the Mosaic Mystery being hosted by Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs.

Mosaic Mystery

Unlike many mysteries, all the cutting instructions are provided at the get-go.  

Top down - Fabrics B, A, C, Background, Border
I looked over the measurements needed to make sure my fabric choices were sufficient.  I needed 27 inches of Fabric C; it looked like I had JUST enough of the black fabric to designate it as Fabric C.

So I cut all of Fabric A, all of Fabric B, then took Fabric C to the (new) ironing board.  OOPS!

Fabric C
Apparently I had cut a chunk for something earlier!  Thankfully (and thoughtfully) Cheryl not only tells you how many of this or that you can get out of a strip, but shows the total number of thises/thats you will need, so I was able to scavenge bits from other strips.  This is ALL I had left!

Less than 1/5" left!!!
A morning's-worth of work:

All cut and ready for the September clue
Check out the surprise lurking in the leaf fabric:

I see you!

I will be reporting in at Meadow Mist Designs.


8 comments:

  1. I love it when a plan works out your way instead of being 1/5th" too little! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with these fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty fabric pull for the mystery, Libby! It will be fun to see how it goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a LITTLE too close for comfort!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabric choices for the mystery. Looking forward to watching your version come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love those little eyes in the fabric! This is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was cutting it close! I hope to get my fabrics cut this weekend now that I'm caught up with Kevin's mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.