Sunday, August 4, 2019

RSC - Wrapping Up Pink

Hello, Light Blue

Again, I skipped the Tiny Tuesday applique block and finished the pink month adding two more TT blocks to my collection

Wonky Star
Not my best effort ...  I don't know about you, but I find it difficult to be wonky on purpose.  

Violet
I had wrapped up my blocks for the larger RSC projects -- Chandelier, Double Shot, and Buckeye Stars -- early in the month.

As I've said before, the first week of the month is generally free of social obligations so I try to get a head start on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects while I have a clear calendar.  This month is no exception.  Yesterday I cut and kitted blocks for all three projects!  Yay, I'm ready to pick up and stitch in little blocks of time.  OR, they can become leaders/enders for another project.

Since I was stymied on the OBW panel project (more on that tomorrow) I decided to forge ahead and make all eight chandelier blocks.

Chandelier Blocks
The color of the month is light blue.  Digging through my blue scrap bin I discovered that I have a lot of novelty prints with light blue backgrounds.

Novelty prints
Sew I unofficially changed the color of the month, at least for these blocks, to novelty prints!

Think I'll pop over to Oh Scrap! to see what other scrappy goodness is appearing in blogland.


7 comments:

  1. I have to get busy on blue! like your blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those golf tees?! Cute! Your blocks turned out great, Libby. I like wonky stars, but also have a little trouble with my efforts. Maybe if I made a whole quilt of them, I would get better at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your blocks look great. I too like to get my blocks "kitted up" early in the Month so I can sew them as I have time. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time, shut one eye, only use your non-dominant hand to guide the fabric under your sewing machine foot, and try your darnedest to make the block normal. It will be wonky for sure... ;-). I think yours looks good, just wonky enough to look like a real star up in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a difficult time doing wonky, too. I like Rebecca Grace's idea, though! :) Love the novelty print blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the two tiny blocks. My favorite are the chandelier blocks. All the novelties are so playful and the little twinkles are wonderful paired up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that sweet PINK Wonky Star (nice job on getting a head start on light/bright BLUE, too!!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.