Wednesday, July 22, 2020

A Do-nuttin' Kinda Week

Some weeks are like that ... 
 
Three projects in the works, and little progress on any of them.  For one thing, I've been sleeping later in the morning.  That could be a good thing.  And I've been helping DH install mesh in the gutters before the temps get out of hand.  By "helping," I mean I hold the straps so if the ladder falls it doesn't break a window.  Forget about what would happen to him!  And I've lost an hour out of most days bleaching my teeth in anticipation of some serious dental work that starts tomorrow.

So here's where I stand.  Jack's in the Pond is together except for the borders which are cut and standing ready when the mood strikes.


The panel wall hanging-which-has-no-name now has three borders (sorry, no photo).  I shopped my stash and found something that I think works.  The forth border is wavy and needs to be worked on, and you know how I feel about sewing borders ...


And, finally, Passion for Paisley has progressed from a spark to an almost-finish.  I am putting a metallic gold flange in the border.


I have given up on the garden.  It has been too hot with no rain and even twice-a-day watering is not helping.  I get a handful of cherry tomatoes every other day.  The three Bradley tomatoes refuse to ripen.

I have also given up on feeding the birds. The squirrel has figured out how to climb the hook and the birds don't seem to like the "squirrel-proof" feeder I got as a replacement.  Add to that the mess they are making .... well, you get the idea.

It was a big mail week, though!  I was the lucky winner in The Joyful Quilter's 10th blogiversary drawing.  I requested a mug rug in red to go with one she sent me a couple of years ago in a swap.



On the positive side, I have been doing some organizing around the house, a little at a time.  And since returning from the TOALT I have lost over 10 pounds!



7 comments:

  1. Jack is looking SEW good (and so are you, Libby-less-10-pounds!) Thanks for posting the two mug rugs together. I wasn't able to find a photo of the first one. Best of luck on the dental work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some weeks are just that way. Sorry to hear the summer heat and dryness has undone your garden. Congrats on the weight loss, that's definitely an achievement! Hope your stitchy mojo returns soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Congras on your weight loss --that is fantastic!! I am stuck here and trying to just eat less--(not happening so much!) ;000
    All lovely projects but I love the Passion for Paisley--I love paisley too...and your quilt really shows it to such beautiful advantage--nice work..

    Hugs from "humidity heaven" here Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mini that Joy made - that's a fun design! Your projects are looking good, too. Every little bit counts! Could you bring your tomatoes that won't ripen in the house to finish? Ours are slow to ripen, too, so I was googling what to do, and that was a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack in the Pond looks sharp with the strong color contrast. Hope the dental work goes well and your recovery is swift. Lucky winning from Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Jack!
    And now that you've got two beautiful mug rugs, you can drink coffee with a mug in each hand! Efficient!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.