Friday, July 17, 2020

Where Did This Come From?

Apparently left field ...
or maybe the Far East

Needs a name

I honestly don't remember where I found it.
I was clearing some things off the work table and noticed that the "Asian" bin needed attention.
The "Parts Department" was also on that end of the table.
So it could have come from either one.
The little squares were cut and coordinating fabrics were folded inside.
So I decided to put the pieces on the wall to see what needed to be done.
Two days later, it's all together except for the final border.


I don't have enough of the border fabric I planned to use so I may have to shop.

Obviously it started with a panel.  It was so crooked I didn't think I'd ever get it into a rectangle.
As a result, the panel was smaller than the size specified in Sidelights, the pattern I was using.
I had to make adjustments in the strips between the little squares to make everything fit.

I hope to make it to the E TN shop hop next week, 
so maybe I'll find a border for this one and several others.
Stay tuned!








5 comments:

  1. What a great design for a panel. It will be fun to see what border fabric you find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty one, Libby! I like the red, yellow, and green combination. You have a way with those panels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, Libby!! Does it NEED a border? Unless you need the quilt to be a particular size, perhaps that border fabric used as the binding might be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The odd sizes and off-printing of panels are so annoying. To my eye the squares should be on the left.Just my orientation. Hope the shop hop produces the perfect border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! You find the coolest things when you clean up. I just find scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.