Friday, July 24, 2020

One of Those "Duh" Moments


Passionate for Paisley is nearing completion.


Since there is a touch of gold embellishment in the paisley fabric, I thought a metallic gold flange would be a nice touch in the border.


Well, it's been a while since I've done a flange anywhere, much less in  border.  I thought why stitch the flange and then the border when I could do both at once.  Here's why:


Oops!  A little reverse sewing (ripping) will take care of the problem.  I should have a finished top by tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I take it you want the flange only around the inner section, not all the way down the border piece?! But, it could be a "design element!" :) The flange is a neat idea, Libby, and will look great when you have it the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a flanged border like that just yesterday. I understand how you might not like it that way, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! (mumble mumble i've done that mumble mumble)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flange coming down the side of the border fabric. It adds a little surprise to the quilt top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the continued flange is a nice element -- but it's YOUR quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flange is a great addition, sorry the addition didn't go so smoothly. Congrats on the almost finish, it's looking good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.