Monday, July 6, 2020

Pardon the Interruption

On to another eclectic design wall.


The project on the left is a subject for another day.  Ignore the single On Ringo Lake block that appeared in a box of batik bits.  It's Great to be Square, on the right, is returning to the box until I have time to make some replacement blocks which are already cut.  Actually, it never had a box!  I found these blocks wrapped around the replacement parts in a tote of batiks I was culling through.   On the table at the lower left is the project I was actively working on, Jenn's Journey, which I am renaming Lib's Trek.

  
My goal was to finish this last week but I took a break to consider borders.  In that batik search I mentioned above, I came across this interesting piece:


It is directional and only a small chunk so it may need some supplement for the top and bottom borders.

The main interruption to progress, however, was Jack's in the Pond.


The current plan is to stop at 9 blocks.  The remaining three are mostly cut and ready to stitch.  At this point it will be 45"square.  I may add some sashing and definitely a border.

I hope everyone had a pleasant and safe holiday weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving all your projects (though it's hard to ignore the Ringo block since it's jumping up and down saying 'look at meeeeeeeeee'), but my favorite is definitely your Jack's in the Pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to get a peek at your design wall, Libby! All kinds of interesting things going on. I love the Jack's in the Pond project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEW many wonderful projects, Libby! Why do you need a replacement block for It's Great to be Square? I don't see anything wrong with what's up on the design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way the shadowbox blocks connect. (I made a version for the ALA conference...now it's for 2021!). Great name for your GITP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some fun projects in the works up on your design walls.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.