Wednesday, July 29, 2020

AWOL?

or A WALL

Sometimes a mess stimulates me; other times, like now, it depresses me.  So no stitching this week while I continue organizing/reorganizing things in the studio.  I want to get fabric out of totes/bins and up on a shelf where I can see it.  That requires shelves!


DH and I assessed what elements we already had on hand, and what we needed to shop for. So on his grocery run yesterday he stopped by Lowes for a bit of this and that.  The standards are too long for this area, but we had them left over from the last house so we used them.  


Lowes cut the longer shelves to fit the left wall, but DH has to hacksaw the shelves we already had to fit the other wall.  And that's a project for another day.

Now that the dust-producing step is out of the way, I'm going to start loading fabric!

8 comments:

  1. Libby, you may want to add a plastic board on top of the wire shelves, otherwise your fabric will have grill lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for sticking with a reorganization project! That will be a wall of fabric love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes you just have the need to reorganize - you might be surprised by what all you find - I know I was when I did mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be wonderful having everything out where you can see it. I have about 75% of mine out on shelves with the remainder still in bins. I keep thinking I'll use it fast enough to put the rest out but I'm not getting there as quick as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to visual which wall this is. I'm thinking the short shelves are on the front wall of the design studio. Is that right? Looking forward to seeing them all loaded up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having stash in view is inspiring. Out of sight, out of mind definitely applies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it goes quickly and smoothly so you can get back to sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Passionate for Paisley is wonderful, Libby. SO nice to see the fabric up close and get to appreciate the tones.
    That is a wonderful DIY project for you both. You guys keep busy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.