Friday, July 10, 2020

Finished or Not

It's Friday!

I realize I never mentioned progress on an old project last month.  One of the Rainbow Scrap Challenges from 2018 was the Squared Away Sampler designed by Mari/Academic Quilter.  When I put them up on the design wall I was short one block to do a 3x4 setting so I made another one.


Then I set about combining them with my current favorite background alternate squares.


It remains unfinished because I am auditioning borders.  Oh, and as I was putting it back in the box, I found the missing block that I had "borrowed" for a guild lecture.  I guess that means I'm starting another sampler ... or it could become my label.

This week I did finish my abbreviated version of Jenn's Journey (top, back, border) which I'm calling Lib's Trek because of all my starts and stops on that project.


I continued working on Jack's in the Pond (more detail here).


And I took a peak ahead at the end of my alphabet and couldn't resist pulling out Wilderness.  It began as a panel of wild animal silhouettes that was left over from this quilt the Rock Island Rockers made for the park office to celebrate our 10th year of retreating in January 2015.


I had already added log cabin strings to the silhouettes and was contemplating how to stretch them with an alternate block when I came across a batik panel of leaves.  This is my progress to date.


I had to add strips to the sides of the leaves to make them the same size as the panel blocks.  I like the offset look that creates.  It has not been assembled yet and I am auditioning borders.  I am thinking this would make a nice wheelchair quilt for a gentleman.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely need to make a Goose in the Pond quilt after seeing your Jack in the Pond blocks. I love the graphic look.
    Your Lib's Trek turned out really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week you had!! and That RSC sampler is beautiful - too funny you found the block *after* you needed it! Love your Jacks in the pond too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the block you added to your Squared Away sampler, even if you did find the missing block later! Neat wheelchair quilt you're making from those leftovers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting progress, Libby! I have a preference for that "lost and found" block. It DEFINITELY needs to become the label!!! (Says the woman who mailed away her OOPS block the the Scrap Buster Challenge.) No need to build a NEW collection of blocks when you are busy working your way through the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun stuff going on in your sewing room. Love the Jack's in the Pond blocks. That black and white is just so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still drooling over your Jack's in the Pond. My to-do list gets a bit of re-shuffling every time you show that one off...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.