I haven't accomplished a lot in the sewing room lately, at least anything I can show. First, I had an episode of insect bites that seemed to originate in the studio as my husband was not affected. So after spraying, I stayed out of the basement for two days.
Once I felt comfortable going back downstairs, I spent the better part of three days cutting and kitting blocks for Harriet's Legacy, now known as Libby's Legacy. Today I put the four center medallion blocks together.
I wanted to get a preview of color and value distribution. I also previewed a filler frame option and looked at how the next rounds will look.
I may very well stop with three rounds as it will be about 55" square at this point. This will be my primary project at next week's Smores retreat. I also took a few minutes -- well, more than a few -- to look at another project that uses many of the same fabrics.
Strippy Stars was started in a class with Jo Morton in 2008. I am not in love with the yellow strip, even though I think it came from the same fabric as the pink floral border, so I may be searching for an alternative. I can at least finish all the stars and reshelve any leftover fabric.
While I was at the machine today, I also repaired the flange fiasco on Passionate for Paisley.
I can't believe it's almost Friday (as I write this Thursday evening) and on Monday I will be sewing with my friends again. We will be masked as needed, separated on 6-foot tables, and eating our own food this time. It will be so nice to see everyone and catch up.