Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Exciting News

 and a retreat update

Yesterday was the 100th anniversary of suffrage ratification and Tennessee was the clinching vote.  Bells rang all over the state yesterday.  

You may remember the small suffrage quilt I made to be exhibited with others from all over the country at a small museum in Minnesota.

Perfect 36

Well, sadly, the quilt show was cancelled because of CoVID and I wasn't able to make the trip to see the exhibit.  I just got word that the exhibit will be on display at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah from September 1 to October 16!  If you have the chance, go see it.  I know I will!

In addition, I submitted a photo of my quilt to the Pennsylvania Piecemaker's blog and everyone was a winner!  A $50 gift card is on the way to me.

Retreat is going smoothly and a lot is being accomplished.  But because I am in a dark hole, my photos are slow going to the cloud.  I'll show what I can.


I fixed the wavy border on the Asian panel but forgot to trim it before I took the picture.  And I also added the last flange and border to Passionate for Paisley.  Since then I have been working on Hariet's Legacy a/k/a Libby's Legacy because I changed the pattern order 😏


Nancy showed a Judy Neimeyer project from years ago that she had "lost" under her skirted cutting table.  She brought the borders to work on if she finishes the Jan Krentz hunter's star below.

I can't wait to show the rest of the photos tomorrow night when I get home.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win! All of these projects are beautiful. I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Libby! Advancement at a retreat -- not an oxymoron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the exhibit to be held in Paducah! That is really exciting! It was so kind of Michele and Beth to give prizes to all of us who entered. I just wanted to make something to commemorate the anniversary! Glad you're enjoying your retreat and getting lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on your win! How exciting that your piece will be displayed at Paducah and that you will be able to see it hanging. Enjoy the rest of your retreat time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.